In Silversea, The protection of your personal data is primordial for us. Therefore, its processing is carried out exclusively within the framework of the statutory provisions of data protection laws in the European Union, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (from now on referred to as “GDPR”) as well as further regulations that must be applied.
This data protection regulation applies to the processing of data by the following person/entity:
Address: García Cortinas 2357, Piso 10 – Montevideo
Tel: (+598) 2 716 2951
Authorized representative and Managing Director: Guillermo Portela
The company’s Data Protection Officer may be contacted via the contact details below:
Address: García Cortinas 2357, Piso 10 – Montevideo
Tel: (+598) 2 716 2951
Subject of Data Protection
The subject matter of data protection is “personal data”. This refers to all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (the so-called “person concerned”). This includes information such as name, postal adress, e-mail or phone number. The specific detalis on the personal data we process can be found for each of the identified data processing operations, as follows.
The Collection and Storage of Personal Data, and the Nature and Purpose of its Processing
- When visiting the website
When accessing the website, information is automatically sent to our server via the browser used by your device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log-file. The following information is collected without your intervention, and stored until it is automatically deleted after 365 days:
- IP address of the accessing computer,
- Date and time of access,
- The website from which the access occurred (Referrer URL),
- Any website, which is accessed via our website;
- Browser/s used and possibly your computer’s operating system, as well as the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection set-up of the website,
- To ensure a user-friendly experience when using our website,
Our legitimate interest relates to the above-listed reasons concerning data collection. In no way do we use the collected data to be able to identify you as a natural person.
- When Registering for a Newsletter
If pursuant to the GDPR, you have given your express consent, we will use your e-mail adress for the regular mailing of our newsletter. Simply submitting your e-mail adress is sufficient information for recieving the newsletter.
If you have visited our website, and provided your e-mail address during this process, it can consequently be used by us for the mailing newsletters. In such a case, the newsletter is limited exclusively to direct marketing for our own similar services.
De-registration/un-subscribing is possible at any time, regardless of whether the transmission of the newsletter is based on consent or statutory authorization, for example, via a link at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively, you may also send your “un-subscribe request” at any time to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. No additional costs are incurred for this process, over and above the transmission costs in accordance with the basic tariffs.
The data required for the transmission of the newsletter will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary for this purpose, and no other statutory reasons for further processing exists. Your e-mail address is stored only as long as required for the transmission of the newsletter, i.e. until you withdraw your consent or object to receiving the newsletter.
- Contact Form and E-mail Contact Details
For queries of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via the contact form provided on our website. To do this, you must specify a valid e-mail address, so that we know from whom the request originates, and to be able to respond accordingly.
Alternatively, contact with us is posible via the e-mail adress provided. In this case, the personal data provided by you will be stored, together with the e-mail adress. If the contact details are required for the conclusion of a contract, an additional legal basis for the processing comes into effect, i.e. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR. All personal data collected by us will be deleted automatically, after the completion of your request.
Disclosure of Data
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties (recipients) if we are entitled to do so in accordance with the provisions of data protection laws. In the following, we inform you about the various circumstances in which this may be the case. We may disclose your personal data to third parties (recipients) if:
- You have given us your consent for one or more specific purposes (Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. a of the GDPR
- The processing thereof is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract concluded with you, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, at your request (Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. b of the GDPR
- The processing thereof is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, which we are subject to (Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. c of the GDPR)
- The processing thereof is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or that of a third party unless your interests or fundamental rights, which require the protection of your personal data override it (Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR)].
Furthermore, we work together with service providers, so-called external job processors, to whom we transmit your personal data and who then process your data on our behalf and under our instruction, within the context of Art. 28 of the GDPR [DSGVO]. These service providers have been carefully selected and appointed by us, are bound to our instructions and are subject to regular controls. We refer to the following service providers, specifically:
- Google Analytics
In addition, we also deploy temporary cookies, which are stored on your device for a specified period of time, to optimize the user-friendliness of our website. If you visit our website again, to utilize our services, these will automatically recognize that you have already visited us and recognizes the inputs and settings you previously entered, so that you do not have to re-enter these.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes referred to, in order to safeguard our legitimate interests, as well as those of third parties, in accordance with Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR [DSGVO]. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or that a consent message appears before any new cookies are created. Completely disabling cookies, however, may have as a result that you cannot use all our website functions.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
The tracking measures listed below have been implemented by us on the basis of Art. 6. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR [DSGVO]. With the implemented tracking measures, we intend to ensure a needs-oriented design, as well as ongoing optimization, of our website. Further, we implement tracking measures to capture our website usage statistically, for the purposes of evaluating and optimizing our service offering to you. These interests are to be considered as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories are referenced by the appropriate tracking tools in this section.
- Google Analytics
For the purposes of the needs-oriented design and continuous optimization of our web pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, pseudonymous user profiles are created, and cookies are utilized. The information generated by the cookie concerning your usage of this website, such as
- Browser type/version,
- The operating system used
- Referrer URL (the previously visited website),
- Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
will be transferred within the framework of the agreement on commissioned data, which we have concluded with Google, to a Google Server in the USA and stored there. The information will be used to assess the website usage, to compile reports on website activity, providing information for other Internet-related services arising from this website usage, for the purposes of market research, as well as the needs-oriented design of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law, or insofar as contracted third parties require it for processing purposes. Your IP address will in no way be associated with any other data held by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that assignment to personal data is not possible (IP masking). Sessions and campaigns end after a specific period of time. By default, sessions are terminated after 30 minutes of no activity and campaigns after six months. The specified duration for campaigns is a maximum of two years. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that in this case, you may not be able to use all features of this website to their fullest extent. You can also prevent the use of the data generated by the cookies, gathered while using of the website, (incl. your IP-address) and the processing of such data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by sending an e-mail to email@example.com It will set an opt-out cookie that prevents the future collection of any of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie only applies in this browser, and only for our website, and is stored on your device. If you delete cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. You can find more information concerning data protection relating to Google Analytics in the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
Affected Party Rights
You have the right:
- according to Art. 15 of the GDPR [DSGVO], to request information regarding your personal, processed by us. in particular, to request information regarding the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been transferred, or will be transferred, the planned duration of storage, the existence of the right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection to processing, the existence of the right to objection, the origin of your data, insofar as such data was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making processes, including profiling and, if necessary, you may also request descriptive information as to details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR [DSGVO], to immediately request the rectification of inaccurate, or the completion of, your personal data, stored by us;
- in accordance with article 17 of the GDPR [DSGVO], request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, insofar as this information is not required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with legal obligations, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to request, pursuant to article 18 of the GDPR [DSGVO], the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, or you have refused its deletion, and we no longer need the data, and you will need this for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or you have lodged an objection in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR [DSGVO];
- in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR [DSGVO], to request the personal data you have provided to us, to be handed over to you in a structured, current and machine-readable format, or you may request the transfer of such data to a third responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 of the GDPR [DSGVO], you may revoke your consent at any time. The leads to the consequence that we may no longer continue processing your data going forward, based on this agreement and
- in accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR [DSGVO], you have the right to complain to a regulatory authority. As a rule, you may contact a regulatory authority at your place of residence or workplace, or our company offices.
Right to Objection
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests according to Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR [DSGVO], you have the right, in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR [DSGVO], to lodge an objection against the processing of your personal data, insofar as there are reasons arising from your particular circumstances, or the objection concerns direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us, without the need to specify particular circumstance/s. Should you wish to make use of your right of revocation or right of objection, simply sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, will suffice.
In accordance with Art. 13, Para. 2 lit. e of the GDPR [DSGVO], we wish to point out the following:
The transfer of your personal data to us is neither compulsory by law, nor is it contractually necessary and is not required for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide us with such personal data. The non-transference has no negative consequences for you.
In accordance with Art. 13, Para. 2 lit. f of the GDPR [DSGVO], we wish to point out the following:
We do not process your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making.
In accordance with Art. 13, Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR [DSGVO], we wish to point out that we intend to transfer your personal data to a third country or an international organization.
Data Security NOT SURE
Within the scope of a visit to our website, we use the widely applied SSL process in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this refers to a 256-Bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-Bit encryption, we use 128-Bit v3 technology. Whether a specific website representing our Internet presence is encrypted, may be identified by the appearance of a key or lock symbol on your browser’s lower status bar.